Today, over 70% of corporates of the U.S. are providing online training programs. E-learning is becoming a vital tool for training employees and optimizing business performance. E-learning technologies have expanded rapidly, enabling corporate around the world to streamline the training programs to cater to particular business goals and employee profiles.
Following are some of the benefits of using e-learning in corporate training programs.
- Customized training according to the company: One of the best aspects of e-learning is that it can be customized according to the needs of the company. This implies that senior managers can streamline online training programs for employees according to the business goals of the company and the needs of various employee profiles. When such e-learning is implemented, it will result in staff equipped with skills that are essential for development of company.
- Recruitment of staff: e-learning not only hones the skills of existing employees, but also help with extra staff recruitment. Many candidates wish to be recruited by companies which offer robust online training programs. Apart from the company’s business goals, new employees get trained in global skills of universal relevance. When choosing a company to join, it is best to choose one which combine company relevant instruction with scope for personal development.
- Efficient and economical: e-learning is suitable for a fast globalizing world which has no time for traditional methods of learning. Traditional training methods take time away from an employees work schedule. They also cost the company high expenses for documentation and trainers. E-learning can be incorporated easily into the busy schedules of the company and its employees. Money saved also makes it economical to conduct e-learning training programs.
- Universal access: The presence of a multitude of e-learning companies implies that corporates today have a broad choice of training programs for their executives. In traditional training, there was a need to depend on a local trainer. But e-learning provides tools like international video-conferencing which makes available instructors from all around the world. No limits are placed on potential for specialized training as companies are able to link employees with technology suitable for the skills they require to acquire. One other benefit is the potential for global collaboration and interaction between training programs of different companies.
- Enhance involvement of staff: Training may take away employees from their valuable work schedule. Training on the go can be provided by media such as E- learning mobile apps.
These are some of the benefits of e-learning in corporate training.