Hospitality is a fast-rising industry. Trained staff is a valuable asset in any of the players in the hospitality sector-be they tour operators or hotels.
The success of the hospitality business depends on the competence of the staff. This is because modern consumers expect a high quality of service. Quality of employees is paramount for the existence and progress of the hospitality organization. Thus, staff training in this sector is crucial.
Staff training raises productivity by developing professional skills, domain knowledge, and providing hands-on experience to employees. Staff training also inspires and motivates employees by making them aware of the importance of their roles. Hence, top class hotels will include staff training as an important part of their development plan.
Training in the hospitality sector takes many forms-process training, apprentice training, certification programs etc. Traditional modes of training like on-the- job training is a time-consuming task. It also lowers productivity as many existing employees have to assume the role of trainers. New employees also need to spend time and effort to learn new skills.
The solution for these problems is e-learning for hospitality sector. This provides new methods of learning like learning based on simulation by which employees can learn faster and more efficiently. This mode of learning provides ample opportunity for learning through trial and error. Learning by committing mistakes and lots of practice help employees to benefit from e-learning.
Employees of the hospitality sector need to be on their toes, the whole time. They are focused on providing the best experience for customers. It is a big challenge to train employees to improve quality of service and learn to comply with standards.
Here are a few reasons why e-learning is useful for the hospitality sector:
- The hospitality industry is highly competitive. There is a trend for new players to enter the market all the time. Hence employees need to be pushed to deliver their best always.
- Employee training in soft skills plays a big role in the progress of the company.
- It is a huge challenge to motivate and capture interest of thoroughly exhausted employees, especially when learning content is extensive.
- The end-customers-the tourists come from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Thus, it is vital that the cultural nuances of people across the globe must be made familiar to employees.
- Training must be implemented with focus on daily operations of the company. It is very difficult to assemble all employees in one place for delivering training. E-learning can be delivered to employees in different places- anywhere and at any time.
- The industry also has a high rate of attrition. Thus, training new employees all the time is a huge challenge. E-learning enables efficient induction training for employees and any new employee can be trained as soon as he joins without having to wait for a group of trainees.
- New and attractive modes of training: Learning content can be presented in attractive fashion with lots of graphics and small capsules of information. 2D and 3D animation can be used for making content interesting. 3d and 2d animation company in india, will help you design good training content.
These are some aspects of the use of e-learning in the hospitality sector.