Everyone can design an average e-learning course, however, there are only few who can structure and device an out of the box course to make it stand out from others. Being accessed in the digital world, it must be very well engaging, user-friendly, crisp, and aesthetically appealing. As a learner, if you want to reap maximum benefits from such an online course, you need to know everything engulfing it.
Below are some of the frequently asked questions that an instructor and learner might confront while designing and acquiring the knowledge respectively. Have a look.
- What are the top prevailing and future trends of E-learning courses?
The prevalence of E-learning courses came into the existence in the late 1990s. It was the time when people started inclining towards computer-based training. Since then, there has been no turning back and it is coming up with new and novel trends with each passing day. Here is a list of some of the e-learning courses trends that we are experiencing.
- Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC)
- Collaborative and Social Learning (CSL),
While the future trends of e-learning courses are as below.
- Artificial Intelligence For Learning Assistance
- Video Learning
- Game-Based Learning
- Big Data
- How to create an effective asynchronous e-Learning course content?
Asynchronous e-learning course allows the learners to access the content as their own pace and convenience. They can acquire knowledge regardless of location and time barrier. Therefore, to make it most effective, here are some of the crucial tips that need to be considered.
- Develop an interactive e-Learning environment where learners can discuss and interact.
- Be consistent with email communications.
- Break the entire e-learning course into multiple modules
- Create a forum that is intuitive as well as user friendly
- Encourage group collaboration
- Employ resource links within the course.
- Can e-Learning prepare you for the Technology Revolution?
The answer to this is undoubtedly yes! The entire credit goes to the advancement in the technology which has impacted not just the education field but also job sector too. An online school is taking place of a traditional classroom. Now students can have scientific information at their fingertips simply by avoiding a traditional lecture hall. E-learning certifications are taking over traditional degree programs in many specialized industries. In addition to this, the technological revolution is creating openings that weren’t even thought before.
- How e-learning courses have proved beneficial for organizations?
Many organizations have started employing e-learning courses for the professional and soft skills development of the employees. They are replacing their outdated on-site learning owing to higher cost, less effectiveness, and time and location restriction. Management has found that e-learning courses have proved beneficial in a number of ways.
- Increase in the ROI
- Can be accessed by employees at their own pace and convenience
- It has eliminated the geographical barrier
- It eliminates the cost by dispensing the instruction online through a viewing device.
- It utilizes graphics, animations, videos, audios, etc. to make the content quite engaging and easy to absorb.
- How to be a good e-learning course instructor?
To make your e-learning course interactive and successful, it is quintessential that you need to be a good instructor who is aware of every minuscule aspect of online course and training. Whether it is a synchronous e-learning course or asynchronous one, here are few basic tips that need to be taken into consideration.
- Think by stepping into the shoes of your learners
- Engage in thorough research before developing the content
- Keep the language simple and understandable.
- Hone your written, verbal and non-verbal skills excellent
- Work with an e-learning team rather than in isolation.