E-learning has revolutionized the landscape of training and education. In comparisonto traditional classroom based learning and training, e-learning offers a slew of advantages.
Here are some of the benefits that have spurred the growth of e-learning content development, India:
- Liked by learners:Studies have revealed that learners, when given a choice, desire personalized, mobile, relevant and self paced learning strategy. They really don’t want face to face, arduous courses. The boom of smartphones and digital revolution has altered the way we communicate and share information. Naturally learning has also caught up and learners use e-learning, like to learn after workhours. Self paced digital learning implies that learning can be accessed at the point of requirement. They need not go elsewhere like a classroom faraway and as such, trainees can apply what they learnt in the actual environment. Also, e-learning has encouraged collaborative and social learning like never before.
- Fast delivery:Studies show that e-learning reduces learning time as much as by 30%- 60% when compared with traditional learning style. This because, firstly, e-learning does not wastes too much time in introducing topic as well as wrapping up learning topic. Secondly, learner proceeds at his own pace. Thirdly, there is no waste of time traveling to and fro from training events. Fourthly, learners can skip parts which are no longer relevant to him. E-learning also enables corporates to roll out training programs without limitation of classrooms and trainers.
- Reduced costs:E-learning reduces costs by cutting on course materials, trainers, accommodation and travel. Also effective training by e-learning improves the bottom line of the company.
- Effective learning:Studies show that there is a more positive approach to learning material, improved performance in tests and certifications, greater potential to apply learning content on the job and better retention of information.
- Less carbon footprint: E-learning is environment friendly as it requires less expense of energy and is paperless, thus lowering deforestation.
- Scalable: E-learning enables trainers to create and deliver new policies, concepts and training ideas at a fast pace.
- Consistency: E-learning ensures that there is consistent delivery of training material which results in all trainees receiving the same quality of training.
- Monitoring and tracking: If you are employing a Learning Management System, tracking the progress of the training and trainees is truly simple.
- Flexible: e-learning enables learners to proceed at their own pace, from remote locations, in a consistent method like any learner getting on-site training.
These are some of the advantages of e-learning.