The hard corona times have been a type of revolution in the world. The virtual world has become the need of the hour. Online classes, studies, business management, and meetings, from the usual shopping to hardcore business approvals, have experienced a dramatic change in the market. Hence, the scenario has made the switching over from flash plug-ins and SWF to html5 has been indispensable. The flash courses proved unsuitable for the Chrome browsers that were rarely used. The switchover assisted in adjusting to the new scenario with the compatible devices.
SWF refers to a small web format that is generally not compatible with the rarely-used browsers. HTML 5 is completely reliable and far better than the others. HTML5 supports sandboxing, which makes it more robust. It provides more control on the website performance making the experience smooth and quick. To run any project on SWF output, one would require a better and modern browser, while those on HTML5 can be played on any digital device that supports the software.
What is HTML5?
With the primary purpose of structural and functional presentation of the web content, the latest Adobe language preferred at present is HTML5. The same is even known as the HTML living standard. It is a universal format free browser and platform.
To convert a flash file to HTML5, either an expert is needed, or the task is entitled to a professional team of experienced personnel. Which, in turn, adds to the cost of the venture that may prove to be productive only in the long run. Outsourcing jobs related to the conversion will be cost-effective in the long run only.
The advantages that can be availed by the shift from flash to HTML5
HTML5 is considered to be the latest technology available in the visual world over Flash SWF files. Some advantages of the same are:
- The conversion to HTML5 files enables the user to utilize the functionality of the latest technology.
- The SWF to HTML5 animated content enables even the online surfing of high-quality content. Transferring animated material to online learning software is not dependent on the outsourced plug-ins as HTML5 is fine with modern technology.
- The devices are transferred to energy-efficient ones.
- Affective online courses are made simpler for even the learners.
- The switchover is indeed more secure and therefore trusted and reliable.
Studying the amazing features of the conversion to HTML5 from flash files
- Well-organized and structural collaborative arrangement of the webpage.
- Enhanced online learning, including animation, multimedia content etc. aiming to improve the performance and curriculum.
- Easy access to the course 24*7.
- Standardized high-quality content.
- Enables offline surfing by providing proper downloads.
Points associated with rising demand for corporate e-learning
With the invention of better technical advancements, many organizations have agreed to opt for having a trained workforce, even in the case of remote areas.
- Being cost-effective in the long run is the main point regarding corporate e-learning as there isn’t any need to create any individual training arrangements for the employees. Rather than separate training sessions are arranged for the purpose.
- The E-learning course is a perfect match as it gives the advantage of online conferences providing active and live debates for a better understanding of the same. It makes live meetings and events possible online.
- E-learning is simple and easy to use and understand. Online participation saves time and ensures easy retention of the problems. The learning time decreases through e-learning courses.
- Online course selection is the best possible way to own a trained workforce and keep the employees updated at low costs. Hence, the quality of the respective corporation is updated and improved.
The effective four Rs of the conversion strategies: The basic protocols for migrating SWF to HTML5 e-learning course content involve the four essential Rs.
- Record: If the source files are unstable or not available, the strategy of recording is recommended. In cases of independent presentations and major evaluations where no changes in content are needed, and the outcome is recorded in an MP4 file integrated with SCORM courseware, this is advantageous.
- Republish: This is an option only if the sourcing files utilize an older version of the software that doesn’t support HTML5. Minor variations in the same and same output with better inactivity and complex multimedia recordings are republished.
- Rebuilding: The rebuild act as an obsolete authoritative tool in cases where the source file is available or not. The strategy even allows small changes even if the content is relevant. The output has moderate interactive enhancements and uses the existing multimedia as well as the complicated ones.
- Redesigning: The strategy of redesigning comes into existence only if a different instructional design is required to be adopted. Under this sub-head, a large portion of the content needs to be improvised or transformed. The update may include content updates, media updates, or both. SWF elements don’t seem relevant at all. The sourced output is a completely different e-learning course that is backed up by a completely different project cycle.
A checklist that should be surely taken to account before proceeding with the conversion
- Gathering appropriate resources is necessary before proceeding with the same.
- Organizing the flash files in accordance with the source files.
- Evaluation and assessment of the ones that need conversion are extremely important.
- Selecting the best strategy as per the requirements and standards.
- Choice of the e-learning vendor.
Note: The organizations must take care while switching from SWF to HTML5 e-learning course content as the quality of the project or e-learning course is important. The double quality checks help to assure the well-being of the same as well as the compatibility and functionality of the course. It should also be ensured that the advanced version satisfies all the quality assurance and level checks of the same. The checklist can be based on the guidelines, style, and requirements of the project.