More and more educationists and corporate trainers are recognizing the value of e-learning to their fields of operation. As e-learning is flexible, all of us encounter the concept of e-learning in daily life.
Some use e-learning for additional opportunities of learning as well as advancement of their careers. Others may have accidentally stumbled upon short training modules designed through e-learning mobile apps.
In short, e-learning has arrived everywhere and it features the following awesome advantages:
- Scalable: E-learning permits one to fast create and deliver new concepts, ideas, policies and training. E-learning is very nimble, whether used for entertainment or training.
- Consistency And Capacity: The content communicated through e-learning is uniform and consistent. It is also useful to train a wider audience. This means more people are trained and in a uniform fashion.
- Cost-effective: E-learning substantially reduces cost involved in traditional classroom based training, such as learning material, travel, catering and venue. Training material can be updated easily with minimal cost and effort, since it is online. Earlier printing material for up-dation would be a costly process.
- Improved Productivity: Most people are looking for chances to grow. E-learning offers opportunities for growth. One of the main grouses with traditional training methods is that it would take away valuable time away from the job. But training management systems enable employees to get trained anytime, anywhere that is convenient for them, often during their free time.
- Flexibility and Convenience:There are no boundaries for e-learning. Employees can take part in e-learning based training from anywhere where they have access to the internet. This saves time, money and energy for coordinating and holding a classroom based training session. It is not easy to gather together employees at one place for training. In e-learning, training is self-paced and learner can choose to skip certain parts and focus on others, as per his need.
- Regular Feedback:During e-learning based training, employees have access to real time feedback. Also since all aspects are connected online, it is possible for management to get up to date reports on the progress of training sessions as well as that of every employee. Another bonus is that there is no longer any need for manual valuation. Online tests like quizzes will be graded automatically by the Learning Management System.
- Improved Pedagogy: Studies have shown that e-learning especially that using animation and games, enhances retention and improves learner engagement. Also, e-learning helps with the development of study material that is personalized and formats that are interactive.
These are some of the awesome advantages associated with e-learning.