E learning is one of the most booming sectors that there is in the world today. There are actually a number of reasons why more and more people are opting for e learning these days. For starters it is very easily accessible and is always available to you, even when on the go. Plus these are creative and engaging and you can go back and refer to them again and again.
Thus with the growth and proliferation of the top elearning companies in india there has been an increase in the demand for e learning content as well. Many small houses, especially start ups take up the projects of developing e content. Well if you are a fresh start up and have got a project of developing e content, then here are some pointers that you need to keep in mind if you want your first assignment to be a success:
- The first thing that you need to remember is for whom are you developing the online content. Is it for kids of preschool or are you designing courses for entrance exams or other online courses? Well depending on that you will need to decide on the get up of what you will be creating. Go for a bright colour scheme and spaced out words for preschool kids projects whereas for more senior target audience go for concrete and comprehensive paragraphs that explain the topic.
- Research is very important. You need to research well and consult previous contents in order to form an idea as to what kind of content is necessary. Draw clues from them and even ask your client to provide you with reference materials. Once you develop the first draft of the content, send it to the client to get it check up and see what are the changes that you have to work on and then go on with the rest.
- There are some e-learning content development companies that often assign the task of making animations. Well if you have to do so make sure that you have a team of good graphic designer working with you. You will need to make these animations and any content that you develop, interactive and engaging. Learners need to like what they are seeing so that they can come back to it again and again and that is possible only if the content is engaging.
- Do not hold it back, get creative. You might have suggestions and solutions that your client has never thought about before. Talk to your client, show them demos and you if you get a green signal then you can go ahead and design something that will be uniquely yours.
- It is very important that you stick to the promised deadline. You might run across unexpected delays in the process. If you do then do keep your client informed and take their feedback and rush the process. You will have to produce bulk content in very less time and hence do make sure you have a good team working for you.
So here are some of the most crucial things that you have to remember when it comes to designing content for e learning companies.