An Introduction to First Time Managers
Becoming a manager for the first time can be quite challenging. This new role will demand a lot from you that you may not have been accustomed to in the past.
In order to do justice to this role, it is important for you, as a first time manager, to the handle work along with the additional responsibilities at hand. You will also have to manage your team effectively by keeping the morale and productively high. Dealing with so many responsibilities altogether can bevery overwhelming.
This course ‘First Time Managers’ will help you to understand several concepts that are necessary for becoming an effective manager.
This course will help you in:
- Understanding your role and responsibilities as a manager.
- Avoiding common pitfalls of new managers by identifying the nine common pitfalls.
- Anticipating changes that accompany your new role as a manager. You will learn new skills, such as effective communication, active listening and rapport building, necessary for being an effective manager.
- Using steps for implementing effective strategic planning.
- Utilizing intuition, trust, and failure as management tools.
- Delegating effectively by recognizing its benefits.
- Motivating your team for higher productively.
45 to 60 minutes
- Best suited for those individuals who have been recently promoted to operational managerial level
- Age group – 22 to 35 years