E-learning is a mode of communication which demands the use of latest technology and skills to get the desired results. This method is popular not just for learning, as its applications are important in product explanations, sales, etc. wherever presentation is necessary. It helps in connecting with people who are distant, and converse with the properly to achieve a particular goal.
In the past, e-learning was imparted with the help of CD-ROMs, floppy disks, etc. But now, since the times have changed, there are better alternatives to the erstwhile options. People can now conduct live e-learning base product explanation, with the help of the internet and a computer. E-learning is also done with the help of downloadable materials, which will spread the same information to the population.
Types of E-learning
- Synchronous: The word “synchronous” means “at the same time”. Therefore, synchronous e-learning is a category where communication is of prime importance. Participants are involved during a real-time conversation, where webcams are necessary as the contact is via internet. The participants are responsible for interacting with each other, and the effect is as if they were in the same room. Video conferencing, live chats, audio conferencing etc. fall under this category.
- Asynchronous: Opposite of synchronous, asynchronous stands for “not at the same time”. It allows any person to complete or go through a certain presentation or media, at their own pace, whenever they want. The participant is not time bound to attend the e-learning. And the whole idea is to initiate self-help. Help is available round the clock and there are numerous rooms where discussions, debates, and chats between participants take place. Written articles, online training through intranet, and CD-ROMs come under this type.
Benefits of E-learning
- It enables the participant to keep track of their log in, activities and other actions.
- Constant monitoring and error-checking is possible in e-learning, allowing the person ample opportunity to understand.
- Various forums allow discussions between multiple people, helping in free flow of knowledge and information. People can collaborate on particular topics and connect with like-minded individuals.
- Participants can personalize the whole experience, as e-learning is customizable for each individual. This allows for a comfortable environment where information is sustained.
- The content is available round the clock so that the person can access the information whenever they want to.
- The access can be gained from any location as long as there is a computer, and an internet connection.
- Reaching out to numerous people is also possible, which helps in creating a healthy environment.
- The cost is minimal, making the whole process efficient and transparent.
Today, people rely a lot of e-learning, in fact more than they realize. This is evident from the fact that maximum courses have now become online (for both hard and soft skills) and the presentations for products are also done with its help. People can always contact Dynamic Pixel for their product explanation e-learning assistance. The dedicated team of experts will be more than happy to help you in this regard and give you a hand in achieving your goals.